Monthly grant criteria
- We seek to make donations to general charities which are small enough in size or are applying for support for a modest project such that the charity will benefit substantially from a donation of between £250 and £1,000, though we will consider grants of up to £5,000.
- We also make grants to charities which focus on the conservation of wildlife and the environment which are typically in the £1,000 to £2,000 range.
- We will generally only support charities which are registered with the Charity Commission of England and Wales, or which are exempt or excepted charities (within the meaning of the Charities Act 2011).
- We will not generally make a grant to an organisation that the Trust has supported within the previous 18 months.
- We will not support applications from individuals seeking personal support.
- Grants may be made towards revenue, capital or project expenditure.
- Grants are made on a periodic basis and there is no deadline for applications.
Monthly grants applications
You can submit your application either by post, by e-mail or online.
Please supply the following information:
- Contact name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Organisation’s charitable status and charity registration number
- Brief description of the organisation and its work
- The organisation’s most recent set of accounts
- A project document containing the following:
Description of the project for which the funds are required and the amount sought.
Details of who will manage the projects and the start and completion dates of the project.
A budget for the project, details of funds already raised and other sources approached.
How the project will be monitored and evaluated.
Submitting an Application
You can submit an application either by post or e-mail, following the instructions above, or by using our
with supporting documents attached.
E-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to print the Monthly Grants application form.
Postal applications to:
The HDH Wills 1965 Charitable Trust
Henley Knapp Barn
Fulwell, Chipping Norton